Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dreams

I’ve considered myself very lucky that I can almost regularly remember my dreams. I enjoy dreaming – even if some of the dreams are confusing. However, I don’t have much luck in finding meanings in the dream – outside of the obvious, and I think dreams are almost always more than just the obvious. I also have reoccurring dream themes. Not the exact same dream, but frequently very similar situations and themes. That has to mean something.

Part of the following is posted on http://www.radioparadise.com/ in a “dream theme analysis help” forum.

Anyone who feels like taking a shot at helping me with an analysis – PLEASE feel free!!

First theme: In high school. Totally don't know my class schedule, can't find it, therefore have missed several classes and am perpetually late. also In high school. Can't find my locker. Or, can't open it. also In high school. Have been missing/skipping Phys Ed and am in trouble with the teacher (very intimidating football coach.) Next theme: Cats/kittens. I come across kittens or cats - often white ones, which I want to keep/save, but know I cannot take them home with me. Often, cats/kittens aren't exactly sick but have deformities - such as, an extra ear, eye, bigger head than body...etc. Next theme: Teeth. Falling out, crumbling out, I'm pulling them out, putting them back in...fear of going out in public without teeth, don't know when I can get to a dentist to get my teeth fixed, but have to go to work or a function without teeth....

more re-occurring dream theme that i need help with. first - always involving the one past relationship i never want to revisit...but i'm back together with this guy, and am very happy. (something i could never imagine in my waking life, worst relationship i ever had, very controlling and destructive). his family and my friends don't understand it, but we're happy and are staying together. or, are dating again and starting to get back together...that kind of thing. this has happened frequently since the breakup in 1992 second - involving very dear boyfriends from high school (short dating relationships each of them) but we see each other again in present times, return to those feelings at this far in the future date, and things are nice, and we have a new relationship. in my waking life, i never even think of either of these two guys - who i have heard are happily married etc....nothing tumultuous happened in the relationships, and they were high school - i graduated in 1986!! so....what possibly could the dreams mean?

oh yeah - last night's dream is a little depressing. and not the first time i've had a dream like this. background: i was married before, and we had a year old pug named Mojo. i lost him in the divorce - it was what was best for the dog, as my ex had a lovely house and yard, and i didn't know where my life would take me at that point of leaving. i've had dreams before of going back to see mojo - and he didn't remember me. i had a dream that i went back to see him (mojo), and my ex and his new male lover had about 40 pugs they were breeding, all being kept in cages under the back porch, and mojo was alone, separated from the other dogs (mojo in life was the friendliest dog i've ever met and always wanted to make new friends with anyone or any animal, and it made me sad that our cats didn't want anything to do with him....anyway, back to the dream ) mojo wasn't getting the attention he needed. i was furious and kidnapped mojo. last night's dream - my now fiancé met my ex, and we saw mojo - who had long hair (which was normal in the dream - but pugs never have long hair!) and my ex was taking good care of mojo, got along fine with my new fiancé and i, and agreed to let us take him home with us forever. my fiancé and i got lost in the downtown, industrial part of a city i didn't recognize, but was supposedly pittsburgh. it was dark and rainy. mojo was still with us, and we were on our way home when i woke up.

1 comment:

Literacygirl said...

I TOTALLY HAVE THIS DREAM ALL THE TIME! Esp, about not knowing the schedule and locker. I have to go to the office to get them, but then I cannot find the office.... let me know what you find out!


"First theme: In high school. Totally don't know my class schedule, can't find it, therefore have missed several classes and am perpetually late. also In high school. Can't find my locker. Or, can't open it. also In high school. Have been missing/skipping Phys Ed and am in trouble with the teacher (very intimidating football coach.)"