Friday, September 01, 2006

man...this sucked.

i have had sooo many occasions in the last 2 or 3 weeks that i've wanted to blog about, but i totally wiped my cookies and forgot my blog i.d. AND password and to which e-mail i signed up for the blog....feeling much like the died blonde that i am.

anyway, what spawned this entry? i just read the coolest blog. guy by the name of mark lansing. his blog: http://planetofmark.blogspot.com/

found him by reading about mark deming http://www.allmusicguide.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=11:dr7zef5k3gf3 from www.allmusicguide.com, which lead me to google him, and found many different links of his writings etc......

i think i found another musical soul matey in deming, though.
he mentions in one of his writings the following music - which kicks ass, if you ask me.

13th floor elevators
mekons
replacements
television
richard hell and the voidoids
plimsouls
stooges
big star
stones
loyd cole
new york dolls
dead boys
buzzcocks
james brown
and mentions the songs: Mother Popcorn, Kick Out The Jams, Pictures of Lily and, Rocks Off....

i found my musical twin.

i love when this happens because it doesn't often happen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Rebecca ...

Hi, I'm Mark Deming, and yes, I am also Mark Lansing. It's a nickname I picked up while singing in a now-defunct band several years back. I'm also the guy who writes for AMG -- glad you like my writing, both professional and amaetur. And congratulations on having such fine taste in music! :)

Buzz me back and stay in touch.

Cheers,
Mark D.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your Blogger info back!

And cool about your musical twin!